1874 Thomas Road, P.O. Box 411, Memphis, TN 38101
Tel: (901)386-2644, Fax: (901)386-1119
Engineer: Previous experience required. Engineers are responsible for the preventive maintenance and repairs of diesel engines, generators, pumps, heating and air conditioning, and any other mechanical equipment aboard a vessel.
Tankerman: Unlicensed with previous experience in the safe loading and unloading of liquid cargo.
Ammonia Tankerman: MMD required in the safe loading and unloading of anhydrous ammonia.
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401K Savings Plan
• Travel Allowance
• Paid Holidays
• Short Term Disability Benefits
Wages: Will be discussed at the time of application.
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Willingness to be away from home 28 days per trip
• Must pass drug screen
• Hold a valid drivers license
• Show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
• Must live in or near the geographical operating areas of the inland waterways system and the intra coastal systems
• Ability to work closely with other crewmembers
• Have the ability to enter narrow openings. (Round barge wing tank opening is 18 inches in diameter, oblong opening is 15 x 23 inches.)
To inquire about potential employment you may call the Southern Towing Company personnel office and specify the position desired according to the list above. You will be notified at that point if applications are being accepted for the position that you desire. If applications are being accepted you may apply at the Memphis office on Monday through Friday weekly between 9AM and 2PM. Or, you may download an application and mail it or fax it to us. The phone numbers are: