Southern Towing Company, headquartered in Memphis, TN is one of the nation's largest transporters of fertilizer and other products along the nation's inland waterways. For over 50 years, we have operated the largest fleet of anhydrous ammonia barges in the United States. Our customer base is diverse and includes clients responsible for providing key products up and down the Mississippi rivers systems to end markets such as farming, coal and aggregates. We set high standards for our equipment and more importantly, for our crews and shore side staff to ensure safe and timely transportation service.
Cutting Edge Fleet:
- Our Z-Drive Tug Boats are reliable, fuel efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Noted for exceptional environmental excellence, Southern Towing Company was awarded the U.S. Coast Guard's prestigious Rear Admiral William M. Benkert Award for Environmental Excellence.
- Environmental Achievement Award from the Chamber of Shipping of America
- Southern Towing Company demonstrates its commitment to safety and quality service through audited compliance of its safety programs, and participation in the Coast Guard Towing Safety Advisory Committee, Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee, Lower Mississippi River Waterways Safety Advisory Committee, and National Fire Protection Association technical committees.
- We have a ZERO Tolerance Policy - No Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
- Multiple Ship Safety Achievement Citation of Merits